Croatian Forest Research Institute has six scientific divisions:
- Division for Forest Ecology
- Division for Genetics, Forest Tree Breeding and Seed Husbandry
- Division for Forest Management and Forestry Economics
- Division for Silviculture
- Division for Forest Protection and Game Management
- Division for International Scientific Cooperation in Southeast Europe (EFISEE)
Internationally recognized and recognizable for their exceptional and influential research in forestry, the Divisions are leaders in scientific and research activities in the Republic of Croatia, whose work provides the scientific and wider community with the latest advanced achievements in the field of forestry. Top researchers in the Divisions apply their expertise to numerous local and international projects, but also to the wider acquired knowledge through lecture halls and educational programs to students, other experts and professionals.
In addition to forestry and education, scientists also contribute in the field of biotechnology, natural resource management, environmental sciences, ecology and many others, as evidenced by the significant publication activity in relevant world professional journals.